Since I tried installing Plymouth (boot splash), I'm facing two problems :
- It's not working
- My Virtual Terminals (tt1 - 6) aren't working anymore
Here what I did :
- Added plymouth hook (after base udev and autostart) to mkinitcpio and ran mkinitcpio
- Defined the theme to be "spinfinity".
- Disabled slim service and enabled slim-plymouth service.
- Added splash to kernel parameter in grub.cfg
I already had Intel driver in KMS (i915).
Linux is just booting as it was booting before (HDD alerts => SLiM) and nothing more. When I'm trying to enter a VT, equally before or after logging, It just displays a blinking cursor (or HDD Alerts for tty1).
How to solve this ?