Platform: RHEL 5.10
Version: Samba 3.6.6-0.136
Only on a single VM, one of my co-workers is able to log into the VM using his AD credentials without issue, whereas my account appears to have trouble locating user information:
[root@ncxxxlwb05 ~]# wbinfo -i myDom.mjplakus XXX.mjplakus:*:16777224:16777229::/home/XXX/mjplakus:/bin/bash [root@ncxxxlwb05 ~]# wbinfo -i myDom.jadavis6 failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND Could not get info for user xxx.jadavis6
Thinking that winbind could have just cached a negative return (for instance AD wasn't available when it had to refresh its cache entry for my user account) I set both
winbind cache time and
idmap negative cache time to be 1 second but I got the same results. Same results with above cache values and doing
net cache flush several times.
I didn't find anything in
/var/log/samba/* under normal debug levels so I set
debug level = 8 and this started being printed in the logs when I tried to resolve my name:
[2013/12/05 14:21:59.795061, 3] winbindd/winbindd_getpwnam.c:56(winbindd_getpwnam_send) getpwnam myDom.jadavis6 [2013/12/05 14:21:59.795161, 1] ../librpc/ndr/ndr.c:414(ndr_pull_error) ndr_pull_error(13): value out of range [2013/12/05 14:21:59.795219, 5] winbindd/winbindd_getpwnam.c:137(winbindd_getpwnam_recv) Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-652622394-3291385539-1351089441-10771: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER [2013/12/05 14:21:59.795391, 6] winbindd/winbindd.c:869(winbind_client_request_read) closing socket 29, client exited
Which seems like it contains the actual problem but I don't know how to read the error and would like some guidance on this. It seems like it doesn't like the SID associated with my AD account for some reason, but I don't know why or how to work around it.
I'm present in the active directory domain referenced, but for some reason it's unable to pull only my account's information.