Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

3

You could set up NAT with each guest on its on private network. First, you'd need to stop bridging all of their network interfaces together (after all, if they're all on the same switch, they're hardly on their own private networks). Then you'd set up NAT rules, and maybe it'd work. But probably not—the outgoing path should work, but the return path is a ...


2

According to vagrant's documentation, the default provider should be virtualbox, and the VAGRANT_DEFAULT_PROVIDER variable lets you override it. However, VAGRANT_DEFAULT_PROVIDER is empty, so it should be virtualbox, right? Well, if I set the variable to virtualbox, it works again. So I guess fedora sets the default variable somewhere else. Solution: $ ...


1

The problem is that you're telling your machine that both interfaces should be handling traffic to the rest of the world. You see this in the last two lines of your routing table. If I've understood you correctly, it's the interface that gets its information from DHCP that's connected to the internet, and the other one is only connected to 192.168.56.0/24. ...


1

Simple answer: no. What you're trying to do is, from a networking perspective, identical to trying to have multiple physical hosts with the same IP. It won't work.


1

They're space-consuming. If you write 10% to a logical volume and then take a snapshot, the other 90% of that volume become unusable. Uh, no it isn't. The LVM snapshot presents two block devices, the origin LV (what you're snapshotting) and the snapshot LV. Only data that changes on either LV is actually written to the snapshot LV. You can mount the ...


1

To complete @Lambert's answer, there is also Btrfs (a linux file system) which allows to create and restore snapshots of subvolume of the file system. For differences between the two read this post on reddit. Btrfs is included into the linux kernel, and you can use it a you root filesystem. It seems possible to boot on it. Regarding to its "experimental" ...


1

The guest operating system runs inside the host. The host has full control over everything that the guest does and everything that goes in or out of the guest. Thus any confidential information that becomes accessible to the guest is also accessible to the host. A rogue process on the host can access everything in the guest, assuming that it has sufficient ...


1

When both the Host and Guest OSes are turned off and the data is at rest on a storage device, is it any easier/harder to retrieve the encrypted file system? This scenario is similar to the security of a Truecrypt encrypted container in Host OS. If the Host is already off then accessibility can only be through personal access where more or less, ...


1

Virtualbox allows to configure two types of SCSI controllers, one being LSILOGIC the other Buslogic compatible. Those should be supported by the bt(4) and mpt(4) drivers. You can remove all other SCSI controllers If you use IDE/SATA controllers you can remove all SCSI drivers.



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible