Strings are typically delimited by quotes, which raises the problem of dealing with strings that include quotes.
- shell Why does my shell script choke on whitespace or other special characters?
- shell Is there a way to get *actual* (uninterpreted) shell arguments in a function or script?
- shell Print a string including single quotes and other special characters
- shell Quoting / escaping / expansion issue in "command in a variable"
- bash using single or double bracket - bash
- sed What characters do I need to escape when using sed in a sh script?
- grep regex Use of quotes in GNU grep regular expressions
- options How do I delete a file whose name begins with "-" (hyphen a.k.a. dash or minus)?