the "date" tag is used to classify questions about date/calendar/time manipulation, visualisation, conversion... on Unix-like systems.
The date tag should be used for questions that are about handling calendar dates on Unix-like systems like for instance:
- How to convert dates from different formats or calendars
- How to do calculations on dates
- The date-related utilities, in particular the
datecommand and its variants like the GNU version. Or the
dateutilsseries of commands.
- The display, nationalisation of dates
- clock: more appropriate for setting or synchronising the time on a system.
- calendar: more appropriate for discussing calendaring software.
- timezone: can be used in combination with date to further qualify timezone-specific questions.
- ntp: for the network time protocol.
- timestamps: for questions related to tag events with dates.