I'm running a virtual machine at a provider where you pay for everything you use (CPU, memory, disk IO, bandwidth, etc). Currently my machine has 512MB ram and 1GB swap area. The kernel version is ...
Because of some reason I had to use another web browser than my main which I use daily and I chose a small browser which I installed long time ago. This brower is called Dooble, version 0.07 ...
I was using Matlab2012 under Win7 and my algorithm was consuming a huge amount of memory though it was fast (80 seconds for one iteration). Now I am using Matlab2013 under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and though ...
I'm running this as root, obviously. I've created a file called /swap/sw1, by dumping 512 megs of /dev/zero into it. I then ran mkswap, which said: Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 524284 KiB ...