I'm unable to use my school's VPN correctly in Linux. This is what I did:
- Installed a fresh x64 Kali linux (latest).
- Updated all current packages through apt-get
- Installed the required vpn packages through apt-get.
- Configured the VPN as "Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc)"
- Entered everything according to the Cisco config file which I downloaded
This is the .pcf file I downloaded from my school's site: port configuration file
This is the screenshot of the configuration window in kali:
When I select the vpn from the Networkmanager GUI I get a successful login message and the tray icon shows a little lock, indicating the connection is secure I guess. I also get a tun adapter in my ifconfig: ifconfig output
But that's it, my public IP remains the same and I can't access my school's servers.
- Restart of network manager
- System reboot