Strange things have been going on with arch recently after I installed libreoffice.
The first sign was that there were no longer any icons on my desktop. I thought this was strange so I rebooted, same thing. I tried opening chromium to google an answer but it would not open from the menu, I decided to then try running it from the terminal, and I got my answer...something like below:
Libicuuc.so:51: could not open file: file is not in dir blah blah
So, I looked around and it seemed that upgrading my whole system would solve the issue(pacman -Syu) and updated quite a bit of stuff, 231 packages. After I was finished updating I rebooted the computer, and now I get this error on boot:
Failed to execute init. Kernel panic - not syncing: no init found
And then a couple lines of text, then a call trace. It stops there and can't do anything else. I looked around a bit before posting here and couldn't find anything that worked for me.