After endless hours of debugging and trying different things, I can't seem to get Backtrack 5 R3 to cooperate as guest OS on my OSX Lion host. What I'm trying to do is to setup BT as guest OS on my Lion and then use my Alfa AWUS036NH with it.
- My adapter is supported by BT
- I am able to use it on VMware on Windows, but it's a major pain and I need it on my mac
- My adapter is installed and working on OSX just fine
- BT does not indicate it at all, I ran lsusb and it doesn't even show it (either running on VMware or Parallels)
- I tried both live CD and full install, still no luck
- I have the USB modules installed and set up, no dice
- Both of virtual machines pick up a USB storage device just fine
What could be the reason behind it not working? I've been wrapping my head around this for two weeks now, any help would be much appreciated!