I've installed Linux Mint and everything works beautifully. After installing I've used boot-repair to be able to launch windows 8 from grub (as I've read somewhere), after that I have those windows-related options in grub:
- Windows 8 UEFI bkpbootmgfw.efi
- Windows Boot UEFI loader
- Windows Recovery Environment (loader)
- Windows 8 (loader)
when I choose option:
- I get a windows 8 screen "something went wrong..." and the computer restarts and grub is launched again
- Preperation of Automatic Repair starts, which scared me so I aborted it (I am worried it would mess my linux partition)
- I didn't try that (again - is that "linux safe"?)
A message is displayed:
error: can't find command `drivemap'. error: invalid EFI file path. Press any key to continue.
Maybe number 2 would solve my problem I am just scare to run not to mess up my Linux.