I'm starting to think how to set up the most convenient environment for programming, with the following conditions. I run Linux Mint 14.
- I've got a computer at work but would like to have access to my code from home computer and notebook.
- I'd like to have an opportunity to roll back any changes I do in case I break the code, that is having several versions of each project...
- At the moment I use C++, Python and R, but it would be nice to have it not dependent on languages.
- Security is important and the stuff I'm doing is definitely not open source.
- I will be the only person working on my code so collaboration tools are not important.
I'm sure my question is not unique, but I struggle with finding keywords to find what I need. There is no problem in terms of IDE choice etc, the question is really about file system set up, access and version management.