I dont know what I did and if it was my fault. But for two days my touchpad does not work anymore. Google does not help me.
Fact that may help:
- I have no xorg.conf.
- Ubuntu system settings (gnome-control-center) dont show the mousepad.
- gconf-tool says touchpad is enabled.
- xinput list says touchpad is enabled. (SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad)
- In Windows it works so no hardware problem here.
- I use awesome, but in unity it does not work too.
- New: Tap for a mouseclick click works!!
I dont know if I had an xorg.conf before. So I cant tell if it would be of use. Awesome WM worked with the pad before. But I read something about lightdm-session or gnome-session-manager disabling the pad. These are two tools I played around with because awesome starts none of them. Any approaches to solve this?
Omg, I am sorry for the people coming across here an reading the following, because I encountered the same situation a lot in the last two days.
My pad works again. And I dont know why!!!!
I am sorry that I dont have the time to dig deeper. Thanks for all the help. One tip I can give the readers: I guess it was the driver that apparently was not started, because in the time the pad did not work I could not start synclient.