Take the 2-minute tour ×
Unix & Linux Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.. It's 100% free, no registration required.

According to the Gnome-Termianl Usage, I found that ctrl+shift+up/down can scroll up/down a line in the terminal.

Now, I want to re-map the shortcut key, just like: alt+j/k to scroll up/down a line, that's the old habit of vimer. :) I tried searching the settings in Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts of Terminal, but found nothing.

And, the keybindings still cannot be found at ~/.gconf/apps/gnome-terminal/ also.

I've tried to find the information about readline ($ bind -p), only terminal character shortcuts and command were found (like: C-d: delete a char, C-a: at the beginning of command , etc...), the scroll command still cannot be found.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

The information of my computer is :

$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 12.10 \n \l

By the way, I've used AutoHotKey to re-map the shortcuts in Windows.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by Gilles, jasonwryan, jippie, Michael Mrozek Dec 23 '12 at 23:02

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Cross-posted on superuser and ask Ubuntu. –  ire_and_curses Dec 23 '12 at 15:16
Please do not post the same question to multiple Stack Exchange sites. I'm voting to close here since this has been answered on Ask Ubuntu. –  Gilles Dec 23 '12 at 17:54
Hi, sorry for that, but my question haven't been answered. I mean the right answer... –  Marslo Dec 24 '12 at 0:00