I'm moving code from a server that served a single domain to one that serves multiple domains. I'm using named virtual hosts to handle the different domains. The url rewriting is not being executed
- I know that virtual hosts work on that server because the other domains work
- I know that this particular domain is working because when I hit pingtest.iguiders.com I see the index.html file I left in www/ping/. ('ping' is the dir that pingtest points to because, after my test works, the real domain, ping.iguiders.com will point here)
- I know that htaccess is generally working on this server because my other domains use it extensively.
- I initially copied pingtest.iguiders.com in /sites-available from another virtual host that uses htaccess and works. I just changed the server alias and the document root
- the virtual host definition does contain RewriteEngine On
Here is the entire .htaccess file
RewriteEngine on RewriteLog "/var/log/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 7 # Pings for ping server RewriteRule ^0.02/ping/$ ping_functional.php [L,qsa] RewriteRule ^0.03/ping/$ ping_functional.php [L,qsa] RewriteRule ^0.04/ping/$ ping_functional.php [L,qsa] RewriteRule ^0.05/ping/$ index.html [L,qsa]
But when I try pingtest.iguiders.com/0.05/ping/ I do not get the index.html file I expect (Nor do 0.02, 0.03, etc. work). I get a 404. I suspect that the .htaccess is not being accessed at all because I never see the rewrite log I defined.
Anything obvious I screwed up?