I'm doing some research into how I can collect and graph useful statistics from apache per vhost:
- Bandwidth Usage
- Number of requests
- Busy workers
- Free workers
- Queued/Waiting requests
Bonus points for solutions including average performance for:
- Request time
- Requests / second
- Requests per keep alive connection
- All of the above overall rather than per vhost
I've been spoiled by awesome tools like Google Analytics and Copper Egg, so I'm hoping for a tool in that vein. I want graphs of historical data, and I want something that's easy to setup. Any suggestions that require I write a log parser are on the wrong track.
There are a good number of tools out there that can contribute to my checklist but it doesn't seem like there is any one that can do it all painlessly. I even welcome commercial tools.
- Munin (generic graphing tool)
- Cacti (generic graphing tool)
- OpenNMS (generic graphing tool)
- mod_logio (bandwidth data)
- mod_status (worker status, active requests per vhost, average requests/s)
- AWStats (log based statistics)
- VMware vFabric Hyperic (probably the closest thing to what I want, it looks like you can even get an apache snmp module from them for free)
Have I missed some awesome tools?