For a custom installation, I need to add a few rpms from the SDK dvd that comes with the main SLES dvd, onto the main SLES installation dvd. This is because my superiors want 1 single dvd to install SLES from, without the need of extra dvds or ftp-repositories.
As such, I've been trying to accomplish just that.
What I've done is
- extracted the files from the dvds for both the main installation and the SDK
- copied the 3 rpms in question from the SDK to the main installation (/suse/x86_64/)
- added the rpms to packages.*.gz (/suse/setup/descr/packages.*.gz)
- re-calculated the SHA1 sum for the packages.*.gz and entered them in content (/content)
After this, I recreated an ISO image from this modified image.
However, when testing the ISO on a virtual machine, the installation gave me an error saying:
cd:/ Invalid signature Installation aborted.
In order to fix this, I added
insecure=1 to isolinux.cfg (/boot/x86_64/loader/isolinux.cfg).
This worked, but now I get another error, see the screenshot below.
Any suggestions on how to solve this? I've seen people mention adding a custom gpg-key to the initrd, but that is generally for an add-on product. I'm unsure of what to do next with this. :/
I've added the following to my autoyast xml file:
<scripts> <post-scripts config:type="list"> <![CDATA[ rpm -i extra/*.rpm > /tmp/extra.log ]]> </post-scripts> </scripts>
As such, I've added my extra rpm's in a folder called
extra in my ISO. However, now the installation just fails:
As per Nils' suggestion, I've added the rpm's to a separate folder on the ISO and install them via the post-script section in an AutoYast profile. The issue I reported with the script above was the result of the
<script><source>...</source></script> elements missing around the
CDATA. Adding the part below fixed my problems.
<scripts> <post-scripts config:type="list"> <script> <source> <![CDATA[ mount /dev/dvd /mnt; cd /mnt/extra; rpm -i <rpms>; cd; umount /mnt; ]]> </source> </script> </post-scripts> </scripts>