Sometimes, after some event that I can't determine, my usb mouse gets stuttery - like the refresh rate drops down to about 5-10Hz. It still works fine other than that, but it's incredibly annoying, and makes the computer feel really slow. It appears to happen frequently after a sleep, but it sometimes happens when the computer has just booted up. A reboot usually fixes it.
- unplugging and replugging the mouse.
- rmmod in usbhid and hid, and modprobing them (and psmouse, which is irrelevant)
- restarting udev (with mouse in and out)
- killing X, and starting it again
- plugging in a second usb mouse - problem remains, with both mice.
I would like to find a way to "reset" my mouse, without having to reboot. Is there anything else I should try?
I am running kubuntu 12.04. this is a laptop, and the touchpad is unaffected.