The package qqq.deb installs the program qqq that should run from uqqq user account. The package consist of the "qqq" program, "qqq.conf" config file and "/etc/init.d/qqq" initscript.
How should the package manage the creation of user "uqqq"? Are there any best practices or official guidelines about this?
- Just create the user automatically "uqqq" in postinst;
- Create the user automatically on first startup from /etc/init.d/qqq script;
- Create the user automatically on first startup of
qqqprogram (without arguments)
- Don't create any user accounts, refuse to start unless the user is explicitly created by administrator (for example, using
- Don't create any user accounts, run unsafely from root by default;
- Interactively ask in postinst, init.d script or the "qqq" itself whether to create a user.
Should the package remove the user account when uninstalled?