I have a problem trying to connect with our network webdav share on mac osx. I can connect from windows, so it's working. On Mac OSX I have set the routes, and I can connect when using "Transmit" but not with "Mac Finder" or any other webdav client for mac so it's not a network or login problem, but a problem with the applications. I tried Mac Finder, Cyberduck, AnyClient and lot's of webdav clients from sourceforge. I could buy Transmit, but we have a lot of users and 34$ per license is a lot of money, if you only want to connect to webdav with it.
- Two company networks, each with it's own MS ActiveDirectory infrastructure - Webdav is in network A, I have an Account for network A - My Macbook is in network B, and the routes are set. (as said, works with Transmit) - I don't have administrative access to the webdav server, so changing settings is not an option :(
Since I'm in a different network as the webdav server I need to specify the domain on logon, so login on transmit looks like this:
Protocol: https Port: 443 Server: 192.168.0.3 Path: webdav_transfer user: domainA\username (otherwise, the macbook would set domainB as default)
As said, this works on Transmit, but not on any of the other clients. I think it's a problem with the domainA\username part. Somehow transmit can use it, while the others can't. It's also working in Safari, but I can't upload from there.
I already tried the following in mac finder:
https://domainA\firstname.lastname@example.org/webdav_transfer https://email@example.com/webdav_transfer https://domainA\\firstname.lastname@example.org/webdav_transfer https://domainA\\\\email@example.com/webdav_transfer https://domainA:username:firstname.lastname@example.org/webdav_transfer
I found out that some apps change the URL to
So the \ changes to %5C It's probably just a format error, but I don't know how I can get the domainA part properly into my https request.
EDIT: New information:
I tried mounting the webdav share with mount_webdav, which didn't work either - no error message, but the share isn't mounted either. I think (have no proove), that the problem with mount_webdav (and therefore Mac Finder) that it lacks proper ssl support. Through port I installed cadaver, a Unix webdav command line client (sudo port install cadaver). With cadaver I'm able to connect to the webdav share and download/upload stuff. Unfortunately, even though everything works for me now, this is no possible solutions for our maclings (they want a GUI).
I'll keep looking.