I am searching for a small new-email-notifier for IMAP mailboxes that displays it's status in the icon-bar (how do you call it?) of a window manager.
Basically some biff/xbiff like tool ported to 21th century technology. ;)
I am using awesomewm, which is able to display in its taskbar the 'applets' (?), which also work under gnome (I guess that it implements some freedesktop standard).
- should not waste memory/CPU (e.g. a pythonGTK based solution probably would)
- support for IMAPS, and should check the host TLS certificate
- configurable poll intervalls
- should not distract too much
- nice interface
Nice to have:
- optional configuration of a user defined action (executing an external command)