Given the following facts:
- We have a document that consists of multiple pages
- We print multiple copies of it
- We print duplex (double-sided)
- We enable the option
Under several Linux distro's I get the following result: First a stack of pages with page 1 on both sides. Then a stack with page 2 on both sides, &c.
I can not think of any situation in which this would be the desired behaviour. I would however like to see a stack of (page 1 + 2), and then a stack of (page 3 + 4), &c.
- Do you recognize this behaviour?
- Do you also think this is a bug?
- If so, where should this be fixed?
I realize that this a bit open and vague, but all the people that I have spoken lately (IRL @ the university printer, and such) think this is strange behaviour. At first I decided to avoid
collate, but lately I got so agitated that I wanted to attack this problem. However, I would first like to hear some of your opinions/answers.