Okay, so I have a goal, and I'm unsure of the best steps to take to get there.
- Set up a Linux VM in VirtualBox (Host: Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Setup Bacula in a Linux environment
- Get Bacula to backup to a NAS device (preferably a Drobo as it's less expensive for us than other NAS solutions appear to be and we don't have time to build something like FreeNAS / ZFS)
Steps taken so far:
- Created VirtualBox VM of Ubuntu Server (Maverick) as the guest
- Installed KDE on Ubuntu
- Updated packages, etc.
- Installed Bacula -- no configuration, etc.
Steps that need to be taken, to my knowledge:
- Install and run Bacula Administration Tool (bat)
- Configure Bacula (either via bat or .conf files) -- backup to USB external HDD (to test backups, schedules, clients, etc.)
- Re-configure Bacula storage daemon to backup to a network-attached Drobo device (i.e. Drobo FS)
Questions so far:
- I see the following errors in the terminal and the bat tool when it starts -- why?
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-sean" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0. (1893) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Opening cache "/var/tmp/kdecache-sean/icon-cache.kcache" page size is 4096 (1893) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Attached to cache, determining if it must be initialized (1893) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Cache fully initialized -- attached to memory mapping (1893) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: 7323648 bytes available out of 10485760 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/sean/.config/ibus/bus Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address. IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
And on the console I receive: "bat: ABORTING due to ERROR in console/console.cpp:155 Failed to connect to localhost-dir for populateLists"
First Troubleshooting Avenues
This seems to me like bacula-dir isn't started? No configuration has been done, and I certainly don't pretend to know how to start Bacula properly.
I've tried consulting the documentation, to no avail for this particular implementation.
Any help? Thanks!