Sign up ×
Unix & Linux Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Looking for an app that will allow me to move my Gnome3 windows with keys like Ctrl+Alt+Home to move to top left corner of the screen.

Essentially, this is what Winsplit revolution does on windows.

Here is one solution, over at ubuntu, but it is a realy PITA:

share|improve this question
You can look here, maybe that's what you need – Ben D May 15 '12 at 9:25

1 Answer 1

One of the really powerful things about GNOME 3 is the ability to use javascript-based addons to add functionality. Though I am not entirely sure this addon will completely fulfill what you're looking for, I imagine it is about as close as you're going to get.

Put Windows is meant to be a completely customizable implementation of compiz's put plugin.

Edit: I just realized how old this question was. Much has changed since the OP posted the question, but its spirit appears to still be relevant, and this answer should be helpful.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.