Does anybody know (of a resource listing) what scripts are run automatically, and when, from the moment I startup the computer until it's shutdown again.
I know several places where I can add scripts to run automatically, but I’ve never been able to figure out a more-or-less complete list.
For example, I know these:
~/.profileis executed on login
- I can use
crontab -eto add scripts that will trigger on certain times and/or dates
But I can't figure out where to put scripts so that they'll be executed
- after boot, before X is initialized
- after the X (or other graphical shell) is initialized, but before anyone's logged in
- after logging in on an X session
- before/after fast user switching
- before logging out of an X session
- before shutdown on the X shell
- after shutdown of X, before system halt
- after login/before logout via tty-1..6
- after login/before logout via SSH
Is there such a list? If not, can we assemble one here?