In some devices the cpu speed is dynamic, being faster when there is more load.
I was wondering if it is possible to set nice level or priority of a process so that it does not influence an increase in cpu speed when it is running flat out.
i.e. Process is running flat out, but only using spare cpu cycles as low priority. But also not causing an increase in cpu speed.
When cpu is off process stops. When cpu is slow process may have some cpu, maybe most of it. When cpu is fast, because another process is running at 90%, process gets the remaining 10% of fast cpu. Then other process stops, so low priority process gets 100% of cpu, but the frequency controller does not see this low priority process and drops the frequency.