Due to various circumstances I've given myself a crash course on the ZFS file sytem. I need some help getting comfortable with the unknowns. Whatever those are.
- Running www.zfsonlinux.org on CentOS 6.2
- I have an array with 12x2TB sata disks.
- I created a raidz2 pool and a couple zfs file systems inside that.
- Performance is better than I expected. (How often do you get to say that?)
- What type of maintenance should I schedule? I have read that doing a "zpool scrub" is advised. At what interval would you run this? Is there anything else to do?
- Is there any performance monitoring other than "zpool iostat" - snmp?
- I need to be alerted by email or similar about disk failures, etc.... What are my options?