With Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10 I was able to record Minecraft video with the following command:
recordmydesktop --windowid $(xdotool selectwindow) --no-cursor --full-shots --fps 25 --no-wm-check --no-frame -o ~/out.ogv
After installing Linux Mint 12, this fails in several ways:
- Most of the time the recording area doesn't align with the application window I just clicked - Maybe the geometry is not reported correctly (I'm using Compiz on a dual-screen desktop)
- When the area aligns the recording dimensions are not quite correct - It looks like the area of the frame is still included.
- When the Minecraft window is even within the frame, no motion can be seen in the resulting video. Video is still recorded, because if I remove
--no-cursorI can see it moving around.
- Sometimes it seems like it completely ignores the Minecraft window and records whatever is behind it.
- VLC and MPlayer seem to have trouble playing the resulting file, while Totem works.
Any idea of a fix? If not, has anybody been able to record Minecraft videos on Linux Mint 12 64bit?