- On my laptop I have Windows 7
- My disk drive has several partitions whereof not all are used (for now)
- My plan is to install Linux Mint on the 20000 MB (19,53 GB) partition (called I: in the picture)
To complete my plan I:
- Downloaded the iso Linux Mint 11 "Katya" - DVD (64-bit) (I have also tried Linux Mint 11 "Katya" - CD no codecs (64-bit)).
- Downloaded xBoot
- Used xBoot to installed the iso on a bootable USB-pin.
- Booted Linux Mint from the USB and choose to install Linux Mint.
- When I come to the partition screen, there are only four partitions - all partitions starting from the blank partition is viewed as ONE partition with the attribute UNKNOWN.
- In Linux Mint I can easily mount the partitions K: and I:
- I have tried to format I: to ext2 and to ext4
- I have also tested other USB-installers, but with the same result.