This might be really basic question but I want to understand it thoroughly.
- What is a pseudo terminal? (tty/pty)
- Why do we need them? How they got introduced and what was the need for it?
- Are they outdated? Do we not need them anymore? Is there anything that replaced them?
- Any useful use-case?
What I did:
- Read man pages - got some info but not exact picture.
- Tried to read on them from Network programming by Richard Stevens. - Got some info but not the
Any help/pointer is greatly appreciated.