I've been using KDE on Opensuse for some time now and I feel like improving performance and using the most of my dual screens.
I discovered tiling window managers and thought it would be a cool thing to try out. However, I'm stuck on a couple of issues.
- Will all my applications still be compatible? LibreOffice? Google Chrome? The GIMP? Kate? VLC? VirtualBox?
- Will it fully support my dual screens?
- Is it difficult to change environments from the one OpenSuse shipped with? Do I need to change anything internally?
- How easy is it to switch back to KDE and keep all my previous settings?
- Which tiling window manager should I be looking for?
I realize that the last bullet point might be seen as off-topic (recommendation), but I will remove it if it's an issue.