I’ve setup a Virtual CentOS machine and set up a bridged network and static IP so that it can communicate with other Windows machines in the network.
Currently, to access any shared directory, I navigate using the GUI. These are the steps I follow:
- Click on Places > and click on Network Servers. This opens the Nautilus Manager to show network servers. (screenshot below)
- Then I double click on windows network. This shows me all the available domains in the network.
- I double click the required domain which chows me all the machines under that domain.
- I double click the machine which prompts for authentication. (screenshot below screenshot =))
- After filling up the required details, clicking connect shows me all the shared folders in that machine.
Now I’d like to access this shared location from terminal; so that I can use ‘cd’ command or something like that (maybe 'ls') to navigate through the folders or see the files in the windows share directory. How do I do this?