I've got myself a new Macbook last week but I just can't get used to OSX and would like to use a Ubuntu, Debian or Fedora installation as Main OS. I have installed Fedora without a bootloader as the guide I followed required me to build my own grub2 bootloader. The SSD in the macbook looks is partitioned like this:
- /dev/sda1 - Apple EFI
- /dev/sda2 - Apple Data
- /dev/sda3 - Apple Boot
- /dev/sda4 - Fedora /boot/efi
- /dev/sda5 - Fedora /boot
- /dev/sda6 - Fedora LVM
- /dev/mapper/fedora-home - Fedora Home
- /dev/mapper/fedora-root - Fedora Root
- /dev/mapper/fedora-swap - Fedora Swap
I've used the tool "boot-repair" in a ubuntu live disk to get debian to boot once before, however it didn't work for Fedora(I guess it's because of the LVM).
A few questions regarding booting into Fedora on a Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013):
- Do I need to use REFInd?
- Where do I need to place my
- Do I need to configure a .efi file from my
- Where do I need to place this EFI file?
Could someone please help me out here, I've tried so many tutorials and solutions which were written so poorly I gave up halfway.