I would like to have a link on website, both advertising the fact that I use (GNU/)linux, and pointing the curious reader to a source to learn more information. But I'm having trouble finding the right place to link.
- Not distribution specific. (It would seem inappropriate to link to anything but the distro I actually use, but Arch Linux is not really right for beginners.)
- Beginner friendly. Says in very simple terms what linux is for those who don't already have any idea. Links to download and beginner resources.
- Not overly preachy. Doesn't shame or scold people for being bad, naughty Windows/Apple/non-free-software users.
- Professional looking and up to date.
- Presents linux in a positive light.
But I'm having trouble finding a destination that matches all these criteria. Here are some of the things I've considered, but don't seem right for one reason or another:
- Linux online! Provides decent summary, but the page is extremely unprofessional looking (IMHO); straight out of the mid-1990s.
- Linux.com or the Linux foundation: To me, these seem more aimed at those who already know what linux is, and want to learn more about the foundation, or recent linux-related news, rather than beginners; but the first link may be a possibility; some the pages buried deeper down are more promising.
- Switching to Linux page on Grokdoc; a very good source of information, but is just information only, no pizzazz.