I'm searching for the right Linux Distro. My four current ideas are:
But I'm absoluty open to more alternatives. Now a little bit more about my needs:
- I want it to be really small by default, so I can customize the hell out of it.
- I want to use text-tools only, I don't need any graphics on that OS
- I'm going to use ZSH, Vim, the NEO Layout and maybe XMonad
- I want to have a really nice package manager
- The OS will mainly be used for programming
My CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo, 64 Bit, of course.
My questions are now:
- Which package manager is the most advanced: APT, Portage or Pacman?
- Which distro fits my needs best?
- What is the easiest way to run it from an USB-Flashdrive?